Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gray

I love gray. I would say that about 75% of my wardrobe is gray. We are about to paint our living room gray. Over the holidays, my brother in law pointed out that Estlin wore gray the entire weekend. What does this say about me? I don't usually like gray skies, though, so I guess that's something.

Speaking of colors, today while Olivia was swinging she informed me that her favorite color is pink and that she also likes red, green, white, blue, and on and on and on. Estlin let me know that his favorite color is "pupple" and his favorite food is bananas.

My mood has been a bit gray lately, which I'm not so fond of. This afternoon we decided to go outside since it was warm and the sun was out and I noticed an almost instant change in my mood. I'm definitely a warm climate person. Last month I went to Boston with my close friend Jen and we stood outside of the House of Blues for an hour and 15 minutes waiting to get in to see NKOTB. We were standing in so much snow and my feet were completely frozen, I thought my hands had frostbite, and I told myself "Self, you will never, ever live in a cold climate." So there.

Remind me that I said that when I start complaining about the heat this summer.

5 comments:

  1. Here's to a warm welcome to your blog! :) It's funny. I've also been digging gray lately, in fashion anyway. But yeah, don't love gray skies. Maybe my mood has been a bit gray lately? Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gray skies are gonna clear up... put on a happy face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look, comments from my two blog writing friends who like to give me grief. Whadaya know?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so over the gray too. Oh, the uninviting gray & cold and the damper it can put on life & living. We are a "house-full-of-stir-crazy" here. Hoping to get a membership to the Creative Discovery Children's Museum when our student loans come. I think I may lose it if we don't get out before spring!
    Love your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. its funny to me because your personality does NOT say "gray" but i think its hilarious that he noticed that was all estlin wore all weekend, HAHA

    can you tell i am catching up on reading your blog today?

    ReplyDelete