Monday, March 7, 2011
A quick kids story for those of you who always ask (MISSY, I'm talking to YOU :-)). My mom watched the kids tonight and this is the bedtime scenario:
Olivia refused to put on her pjs and instead just sat stubbornly in the living room.
My mom didn't play her game and just said, "Fine. You can sleep in here. Goodnight." And turned out the lights and went into E's room with him to put him to bed. When she came out O had turned the lamp on and was dressed and said, "I did it, Grammy, and I'm ready for bed now. I just miss Mama."
Then they all were in Olivia's room for a minute (I guess E got back out of bed to see what O decided to do), and O sees E slip something into his hand and hurries out. O says, "Grammy, Estlin has something!" My mom goes into his room and he is lying in his bed with something up to his cheek. My mom says, "What do you have?" E says "Mama" and is rubbing it against his cheek. He is holding a locket necklace that Olivia has that has my picture inside. Grammy says, "That's so sweet, Estlin. but that's Olivia's locket. We have to give it back." Estlin says to her in a sweet little voice, "Grammy, she's MY mama, too!"
My mom told me this when I got home and my heart melted all over the floor. Guess who is going to get her son something he can carry around with my picture in it? :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH, GEEZ! Tears rolling down my face....couple reasons why. Love that you had a great first night at community group. I can see you guys hosting a bbq in the near future w/ your new friends. The thought of that makes my year. :) You have the best kids. Even though O can be stubborn, she's still the sweetest little princess EVER! Estlin has the most tender heart. And what a funny little guy...she's MY Mom, too!!!! Haaaahaaahaa. That was a great line. Thanks for sharing this. Made me cry and smile. Love you and your family.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Robin and SO GLAD you had a good experience with community group. I was praying for you all day yesterday. Good stuff!
ReplyDeleteEverything about that post makes me happy. :)
ReplyDelete